Ruth & Oli
- We’re both from a small town called Bradford-upon-Avon. And we knew each other vaguely all those years ago.. I had a bit of a crush on him I think, He’s a bit older than me, but I just always thought he was really cool.
- (Me: I can tell.. He looks it!)
- …you mean the ‘looking older’ bit, right? haha
- I live in London and work as a producer, one day I walked into one of the local libraries when I was location scouting.
- Once every week, I volunteer at a community library nearby. And so this one day, she came in and I recognised her… I couldn’t place from where, but I just had the sense that I knew her
- …oh i knew straight away, and had a big smile on my face. So we got talking a bit but didn’t meet again for a while.
- She left me smiling… I really wanted to see her again and thought about her a lot. But I was out of the country so much – I had already planned my year so tightly without factoring something like this happening.
There were times I flew back to London and I would have to get straight on a train elsewhere. We’d grab a cup of coffee outside her work or at a train station if we were lucky! Eventually, after returning from a trip to Indonesia, Ruth came to meet me at the airport and we took the sleeper train together to Glasgow, and it just clicked really. We knew there was a connection. That was 7 months ago now.
Search @roothgoose on Instagram to follow them on their eventual travels